Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rockets!



I finally got my chance to shoot off my rocket that I have been working on. Today after ballet class we went to Forest Park to meet the Missilefits rocket club for the annual rocket launch. It was a great day and the park was packed. I watched all the kids launch their rockets but when it was my turn I got scared for my annelid rocketeer. Dad launched the rocket for me but I chased after it and almost caught it on the way down. After such a lucky launch I did not want to risk a second. It was a good thing as several rockets were subsequently lost in the towering trees of Forest Park. I won the "Burn Out" award for some reason, hopefully it was not because of my sunburn.


1 comment:

Lori Burkhardt said...

Aren't rockets fun?! I had my first experience last fall!

Did you send the worm up into a rocket, too?

Love the touch of Stewie singing "Rocket Man." Too funny!