Friday, August 03, 2018

October 2014

October is always a fun, fun, fun month. My Mom and I really love decorating the house for the fall season and, especially, for Halloween. Every year, we go to the same pumpkin patch to buy our pumpkins. Its actually a fundraising event for a church near my Babcia's house in Glendale. They have a million pumpkins in the yard around the church. You just grab a wagon and off you go in search of the perfect holiday pumpkins. They also have an area with hay bales set up each year and my Mom likes me to sit there every year (yes, EVERY YEAR) for a little photo shoot. 

My school also holds an annual PumpkinFest as a fundraiser for the 8th Grade Mystery Trip which happens every May. I used to love going when I was little. It was so much fun! With the price of admission, each student received a pumpkin. At the various stations, which were set and manned by the 8th graders, you could decorate your pumpkin, play games, decorate and eat cookies, and do other fun Halloween-themed activities. There was also a bake sale that also benefitted the 8th Grade Mystery Trip.  Ava and I are decorating our pumpkins in this photo. Ava is in a lot of my early grade photos because she and I were best friends from Pre-K Montessori until grade 5. Then, as we grew up we developed different interests and kinda grew apart. We're still good friends though and we'll probably end up going to the same high school next year.    

Then, the big event of the month: Halloween! Ava and I went Trick or Treating again this year. And I also went to the Halloween Nights at Grants Farm with my friend, Isabella, and her sister, Sophia. This year, I was a scary Medieval Princess....as inspired both by my portrayal of St Margaret of Scotland in an earlier school performance in which I wore this costume and by my Dad's watching Game of Thrones, specifically the character of Sansa Stark. BTW, I've never seen the show. 


No comments: