Tuesday, August 21, 2018

SMART Fair March and April 2016

Back in this post, I explained about SMART Fair at my school. In 5th grade, everyone does science fair projects. I decided to study bees. In particular, I wanted to know which color of flowers bees were the most attracted to as a food source. I had to do a lot of research first before I could start designing and conducting my experiments. My Mom helped me make sure that my research was properly sourced and cited. And, my Dad helped me make sure that my experiments were designed properly. It's great having teachers for parents! Plus, BONUS, my Dad is a science teacher and a beekeeper. No, I didn't cheat but, rather, I had regular access to bees! 



At my school, when you do a science project or a history project you are automatically entered into the St. Louis Science Fair or the Missouri History Day competition. No way around it. So, my project was entered and I actually won! I won a blue ribbon for excellence and a special award from the Missouri Botanical Garden (they also awarded me a year membership!). 







No comments: